Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Somewhere in the Middle"

This song has become my favorite song and daily I listen to it when I jog in the mornings. The great thing about running for me is that I can really get into deep uninterrupted thoughts that can really be emotional for me sometimes. I don't know why, maybe it's the endorphins??? This song hits home to me because it is me....I am caught in the middle right now. I know what God is calling me to do/to be and one moment I want to run from it and the other moment I want to embrace it....other times I think I am there but in reality I am not.

I found the song on "Youtube" and tried to upload it so you could see it from my blog but I couldn't figure it out...grrr. I hope you don't mind following the link instead and if any of you feel sorry for me you can comment and tell me how to upload videos. :) If it doesn't work at all....I am SOOOOOO sorry...just go to Youtube and type in "Casting Crowns caught in the middle."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DveYBno-pmQ

8 comments:

Dalene said...

One of the reasons that I'm desperate to continue runnning is that I have a lot of time alone to connect with God. He speaks to me so profoundly!!! It seems more intense when I'm running. It's hard to explain, but you get it, right???

That is an emotional song. I need to download that one to my shuffle.

Kipplyn said...

That is a great song Laura! Running, I don't get, but music, yes :-)

Marci said...

Great song! I am thinking we are in the middle until we go to be with the Lord. It is a never ending process! You are an amazing woman and your heart shines evidently for Christ in more ways than you realize!

I would have to ditto what Dalene said about running! I think it must have something to do with the extra oxygen going to the brain.

Laura said...

First of all, I love the new lay out for your blog. How cute is that! Secondly, I do love that song. It tugs at my heart reminding me of God's work that has been done in my life and how MUCH He as yet to do. We talked about building "altars" Saturday morning at precepts and remembering all that God has done so far because it is so easy to get nearsighted. I look forward to seeing you this week friend. Thanks for sharing!

Kayla said...

Love the background!! If you every want to change it I will help!!!

Lori Leigh said...

LOVE your new look! How fun is that?!?! What a great song. Thanks for sharing. I have not heard that yet.

To put it in your post.......

Go to the youtube video. To the right of the video you see a box that says "embed" with a code in it.... you go click on it and make it all blue and they you copy it.

On your page where your write your new post click on "edit html" tab and then paste it there.

That you embed the youtube video into your post.

Lori Leigh said...

Um,... sorry for all the misspellings, I had a kid talking to me and I didn't go back and check it again! ha! Let me know if it works for you.

Kayla said...

I will have to listen to the song sometime later. I ahve to get off the computer now.