Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Hope!

We celebrated Hope's 3rd birthday on Tuesday and had a fun day at home together. I tried to upload the photos just now and my batteries died and we are out of them. I decided to go ahead and post before January comes! :)

I cannot believe she is already three....from the day she was born and the months following she drew out emotions in me I have never felt before when she was diagnosed with VSD. (Ventricular Septal Defect...aka hole in the heart or in her case 3 holes) I remember getting the news that it wasn't just one hole as suspected but three and that we had to watch her for symptoms and there was talk of surgery, etc.. We then went to Mardel's afterward to shop and all I remember is the incredible pain, hurt and fear and wanting to enjoy and savor every moment with her and my other children. I began missing my five year old son whom we had put in pre-k that year. That day solidified homeschooling for us (something that was always on our hearts) and even though I definitely need my breaks from my children, (or I would go crazy!) I am thankful for what baby Hope has brought to our family. She still has one hole in her heart and we are thankful the other two closed on their own. She has no symptoms and her Cardiologist says she can play quarterback when we gets older if she wants to. ;) She brings so much life to our home...she is loud, rambunctious, playful, , demonstrative and hilarious! Everything she says is either said in loud excitement or in sad despair. We can't wait to see what plans God holds for her future!

We love you Hopey Bope!

1 comment:

Kipplyn said...

Sweet post and Happy Birthday Hopey!