Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We finally found something that works!

These last few weeks I have been preparing for the school year and just had to share our chore system because it is the first one that I have come across (and I have tried many!) that actually is working and has been for over a year now. "Managers of their Chores" by Steve and Teri Maxwell, who also author "Managers of their Homes", is a pretty good size book that walks you through what chores your children can be doing for their age plus how to teach them correctly so you cut down on chores half done. The greatest components of the book though are the chorepacks that come with it and the sample chore charts from other families. Unbelieveably, my kids love their chorepacks because they clip onto them so they won't forget what they are supposed to be doing! I wish I could say the same for their chores but at least they get them done and to my satisfaction. For more information, check their website at www.titus2.com.

2 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

Thanks for sharing! We have chores but I am really not that organized with them and I NEED TO BE! Sounds like a great system and I am probably going to order it when we get to Texas. Have a great day!

Kipplyn said...

Thanks for all of your help Laura! I am still tweaking mine, but the kids are responding well to it! I love it and I hope I can keep it around all year! :-)