Thursday, November 13, 2008

For the Frugal mom

Coming off of my last blog where I mentioned that there are more areas of homemaking skills that I would like to acquire....becoming more frugal is one of them. I have a husband who is very frugal (and that is an understatement) and after thinking for many years that he was just hoarding all of our money and just didn't want us to enjoy it, ;) I have come around to see how it has benefited us greatly.



Now, It seems my grocery bill keeps getting higher and my own spending on miscellaneous items such as clothing, household goods and decorating, etc. can sometimes get a little (okay, a lot) out of control. I want to be a better steward of our money especially during these economic times. I found these great sites that I am getting some great ideas from and thought I would pass them along to you. Hope you enjoy.

www.moneysavingmom.com
www.grocerycartchallenge.blogspot.com
www.thehappyhousewife.com
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com
www.free2befrugal.blogspot.com

and these last two just amaze me. You will find tips on EVERYTHING!
www.pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com
www.kellishouse.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Laura said...

I always appreciate tips on how to save money. Thanks for these websites. One thing I have been trying to do lately when I make my grocery list, is to go online to the products I use and print off coupons. Every website seems to offer great coupons for $$'s off their products. Thanks for the post! It is a struggle for me at times not to get caught up in all the "stuff". I do desperately want my heart to be set on things above and NOT on things here.

Laura said...

Okay so somehow my daughter's user name is showing up for my posts! I have to figure that out! Sorry.

Nicole said...

Laura,
Thanks so much for the links! These are great... I thought I would be going to bed earlier...BUT NO!!! I have to read all the fun information you have provided!
Thank you though, We all need to be better stewards!

God gives us 90% and he only asks for 10%...but, how much MORE could we give HIM, if we were "more frugle"? hmmmm.
Love Ya!
Nicole

denise said...

Laura I loved the links...here in the almost empty stage of my life these women inspire me. Thanks for sharing. You are doing a great job with you children. Time goes so fast enjoy the little ones!

Lori Leigh said...

Thanks for the links! I too live with a very frugal man. And it IS a great benefit.