Friday, November 7, 2008

I was tagged by my friend Crazy Daisy to tell 7 random things about myself…..

1) When I was single, I made a list of qualities that I wanted in a Christian husband and made a copy for my friend Cheryl for her to keep me accountable when I was dating. On my Wedding day, she gave it back to me and congratulated me for finding the mate who met them all. Now almost ten years later and I am learning he is so much more! (Mark still has the copy and keeps it in a special place).

2) I am obsessed with researching. Whatever issue I am concerned with or want to know more about, I tend to over research it….usually stressing myself out!

3) I have a lot of friends who say that since they were little girls, all they wanted to be was a mommy. That was the last thing on my mind when I was young or in my early twenties. When I got saved at twenty-four I had a great mentor, Laura Sartin, who poured into my life and shared a lot with me about being a wife and mother. Needless to say, I was “hooked” with my first experience of motherhood and now LOVING my role as “mommy”….four babies later.

4) I was offered a really good softball scholarship to OU that I turned down. This is something I have regretted for many years but realizing how different my circumstances would have been if I had taken that opportunity not yet being a Christian. I have now rested in the fact that I am where I was supposed to be.

5) I have a huge fear of planes (and elevators too) and that’s not good when your husbands favorite hobby is flying. :)

6) When I first got married, I knew NOTHING about managing a home. I couldn’t cook, clean or even grocery shop right….and you can forget about sewing, gardening, and those other domestic duties… I was pitiful! With the help of close friends and my husband (My mother-n-law raised her son well….thank you Vernell) and my own research ;), I have come into my own. I was a good student and after a few years, I have become a more confident domestic goddess. There are still some things on my list I want to learn, but I am proud of how far I have come.

7) I get my batteries charged by being around others. I love people. I love to watch and study them, trying to figure them out. I should have been a counselor.

Now I am tagging my friends Eyes Wide Open, Serene Chaos, The Robertson Crew and The Call of the Wild to tell 7 random things about themselves. Can’t wait to “figure you out”. ;)

1 comment:

Lori Leigh said...

I love your list! Thanks for playing. I think it is so fun to learn random things about other people. Have a great day!