Wednesday, July 16, 2008

4th of July Pictures




Well, the morning of the 4th I got all of my children all dressed up in Red, White and Blue and took their pictures and planned on taking more pictures of the fun festivities that were in store for us for the rest of the day. Our Sunday school class was having a swimming pool party and then a trip to Hudson lake to watch fireworks. As the day grew longer and Mark still knee-deep in painting Dawson's room and me not looking forward to staying inside with the baby (very hot day) while everyone was outside, we opted for staying at home. We did get to see a small fireworks show outside in the backyard so we are glad the kids didn't totally miss out. We made up for it the next night as we got together with close friends for a cook-out. The kids had a blast because when all of us get together, you are talking tons of kids! Mark and I really enjoyed the time with our friends as well.





Dawson trying to mimic brother





8 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

Your kids are adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Dalene said...

You have a beautiful family!

Marci said...

Great pictures. LOVED the picture of Dawson laying like his baby brother- - -too cute!

Kayla said...

Everybody is soooo cute dressed up in Red, White and Blue. I LOVE Hope's outfit.

mom2camo said...

Hey Laura! I came across your blog in a kind of strange way that surprised me! Crazy Daisy and Mrs. Troop are friends of mine from our former church...I read their blogs just about daily, saw your comment, and went to your blog! I was surprised when I saw it was a friend from B'ville! Good job on your blog...and congratulations on Baby Shepard! What a beautiful family you have...Becky Elliff :) www.jtelliff.com

Christy said...

Hey Laura, just now checking your blog. I read the lazy way ... through Google Reader, and I hadn't added you to it. (: So, now I will.
Love the pictures! Shepard is adorable! Dawson is going to make such a fun big brother!

Laura J. said...

Oh wow Becky! Small world. Mark is good friends with Ben and I have enjoyed getting to know Lori...especially now through her blog. I will have to ask Mark if he knew that all of you went to the same church.

Thanks for sharing your new blog address. I was wondering what happened to it....I enjoyed keeping up with your family.

Hopefully I will be seeing you around during the schoolyear this year. :)

Kipplyn said...

Laura, I love the pics of your kids! 4th of July is my favorite holiday! You should name your blog "Keeping Up With The Joneses" !! I am just happy you have a blog, now, I won't have to see you or talk to you anymore. ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!! Don't everyone freak out and call me, now! :-) (I must be feeling a little fussy tonight)

ANYWAY- I was just going to say I like the kids pics, but it turned into a post of my own. :-)