Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh, the newborn stage....



Wow, it is amazing how easily I had forgotten about the newborn stage from just 2 1/2 years ago with Hope. I was expecting to be very busy with my little newborn but the memories of all my other three babies come flooding back as I am taking care of Shepard in his first week of life. It makes me wish I would have enjoyed the newborn stage better with the others but the sleepless nights; constant dirty diapers; and feeding every few hours kept me from it most of the time. Maybe because this is our last or maybe because I am older, but I am really enjoying every minute with Shepard...even at mid-night; 2am; and 5am! Now ask me a few weeks from now and I may tell you a different story. :) I wish I could freeze time and enjoy my babies forever. For now, I am going to catch some Z's while I have the chance.

3 comments:

Marci said...

Oh Laura, reading this made me have a tad bit of "baby fever". I am so glad you are enjoying him. I was a lot like that with Cooper- - knowing he was my last. Uuugh, that almost hurt to type that. . .my last! Wow, the thing I couldn't wait for (no more babies) is actually now making me a bit sad - - - I better get some sleep. I think I must be delirious (it is 1:49 am).

Chandler Summers said...

he is sooo cute!!

if dawson need any more help with his piano i would love to help him again~!

Lori Leigh said...

What a beautiful baby! We are so excited for your family!