Monday, July 21, 2008

Cookin' with the Jones Girls

My girls love to help me in the kitchen and I am getting used to letting them help more. I have to remind myself of the precious memories we are making and how soon they will be gone. The song “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman usually brings me to tears as I know that my little princesses will be grown too soon. So amidst all of the messes, extra time, and inconveniences of letting them help, which can usually have me frustrated with them, I am trying to step back and look at the big picture.



Mark stole this picture of us making bisquits. If I would have known, we would at least have done our hair. :) Now, before you decide twice about ever eating a dish from the Joneses (I can hear your gasps now)…I promise their hands were clean and they didn’t lick anything…that I noticed anyway.



ps. Little Shep is one month old!

3 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

What a great mom! Nothing frustrates me more than having the kids "help out" in the kitchen when I am actually trying to prepare something. I too must set aside a specific "cooking with mommy" time and just try to relax and know that there is going to be a mess, and probably finger licking and just have fun with it.

And your baby is precious!

mom2camo said...

My girls love to help too...of course I'm the perfect mom who lets them help every time and make a huge mess...NOT! I, too, have to almost plan ahead with the helping...then I'm not frustrated by the "help"! It always ends up being fun anyway!

Marci said...

I am glad Mark "stole" the pictures. I love the realness!